Are you in pursuit for a perfect cup of coffee? Or a place where you can just take a breather while indulging the coffeephile in you? Or perhaps you needed a good meal that partners itself with a really good cup of coffee.
I found a place, though it's their second branch already - SINGLE ORIGIN, Rockwell.
This new coffee destination had its doors sprung open just last September 16. The owners had been wandering in restaurant business for years already with Shi Lin, La Cabrera and Nikkie on their shoulders. Aside from that, the couple who had this concept up and running since last year and have been also bringing Lamill Coffee in the country so opening up Single Origin is another avenue for that business.
Single origin is a marketing term being used by coffee traders and had since been the element in the fame of third wave coffee/cafes, which means coffee beans are sourced from the same origin nation. However, single origin really matters best is to reveal the difference in expectations. Some prefer a coffee to provide comfort and consistency, where a country name becomes a shorthand for a flavor name more than a geographical identifier. Others prefer the unique taste captured by nature itself, a seasonal event linked to what's special about a particular region, farm, farmer, part of a farm, and how that differs from area to area, year to year. And as specialty coffee grows and refines its sophistication in both traceability and appellation, this conversation will only continue.
However it is defined, when I hear that term, good coffee comes to my mind, and so it was. And at this particular coffee shop in Rockwell, good food comes with it.
With this, along with the experience I had during my first visit at their Rockwell branch, I have partnered with SeatsPH so you too can have this wonderful experience, and SeatsPH will treat you with a P 200 off on your bill when you enter our code: GstrnmyJoy on the app.
For more details, kindly click on the photo to enlarge, follow the instruction and don't forget to download the app in your android phone.
Here are 20 photos from my last visit which might get you inspired and crave for some good meals.
1. Rustic meets modern. The space can be overwhelming as it has high ceiling to accommodate some wooden beams. It also invites you to check out some interesting use of crates on an above shelving. The red bricked walls makes you feel, homey and everywhere you go, good use of woods can be spotted.
2. Mix-matched chairs on huge communal wood tables.
3. Fresh flowers on every table gives a touch of color tot the monotonous old world surrounding.
4. Mixed Berries Waffle
5. Chubby French Toasts
6. Banana Nutella Pancakes. Hugely sized and ultimately fluffy
7. Breakfast the whole day.
8. Valrhona Mocha. A beautiful shot of espresso vagrantly flavored with textured milk and Valrhona chocolates.
9. Creme Brulee in a cup. Espresso and caramel goes so well together. Textured milk brings it up a notch.
10. Every detail so eye-catching, where ever you lay down your food.
11. Japan Matcha Latte
12. 4 Cheese Grilled Cheese
13. Truffle Pasta
14. Wagyu Frankfurters and Crab Fat Pasta
15. Chicken and Waffle Sandwich
16. If the sound of Beer Dough Pizza, hows about Breakfast Pizza? On top of those cheese are bacon, arugula and quail eggs.
17. If you're in the mood for some brews and booze, it's also the place to be.
Address: Ground Floor, Edades Garden,
Amorsolo Corner Rockwell Drive,
Rockwell, Makati City