What's the hottest color in Manila right now? Light Blue!
Yes! Light blue is the new red when it comes to food and casual dining. Gone away are the popping red and startling yellow themes on fast food franchise, and it's now cool to be blue.
I am feeling this way because I am so drawn to the color, in fact I'll be delegating a post in my wedding blog in honor of it. My kids would back me up on this, for until now we can't get over the Disney movie, Frozen.
And my husband and I have been babbling about the new Taiwanese fried chicken craze that is soon to storm the foodie world.
I guess you are saying in your mind, what the hell am I talking about.
Before I go trivializing let me just say that this is probably the first coolest thing to happen in the foodie industry right now. The famous Hot Star Chicken which originated from Taiwan is here already in Manila but with a whole new branding and business strategy.
Now on their soft opening, Hot Star Large Fried Chicken, a popular fast food chain from Taiwan, has been serving Pasay diners in its first store in the Philippines at Blue Bay Walk along Macapagal Avenue. They plan to open more branches this year in other prospective venues around Manila.
So popular is Hot Star that it has already expanded out of its home country of Taiwan. Hot Star branches can now be seen in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Shanghai, Australia, Macau, and Indonesia.
Here is how a complete Hot Star experience works:
1. You order your chicken and choose from the option on the menu.
2. Once order is confirmed and paid, you will be given a receipt with a service number on it.
3. Get a seat, wait for your number to be called or flashed on the open kitchen window.
4. It's a self serve diner so don't expect your food come to you.
5. There is a station, right beside the counter where you can get tissues, condiments, cold water, and gravy. Get them yourself if you please.
6. In less than 10 minutes you get your order and enjoy!
Now let's get on with the details, the large fried chicken itself...
|How it is normally served, dine it or take out.|
|Beer-battered fish sandwich|
|Spaghetti to match the fellow franchises|
HOTSTAR LARGE FRIED CHICKEN
Bluebay Walk, Macapagal Ave., Pasay City