Liven up your humid day with glasses of lemonade with a punch and a sunny feel. Aside from getting a good dose of health benefits from lemongrass and lemon juice, you also divert your family from getting too much Nestea Iced Tea or sodas. This refreshing concoction of lemongrass tea, lemon juice and oranges is so easy to make.
Let me first give you a bit of info about cymbopogon, another name for lemongrass.
In a study that was conducted it has shown that every 100g of edible lemon grass, when boiled can contain up to 24.205 micrograms of beta-carotene the powerful anti-oxidant that scientist believe can help prevent cancer. In another study it has shown that lemon grass oil has the potential as topical eye medication against keratomycosis, an inflammation of cornea often associated with burning or blurring of vision. Researchers note that lemongrass oil’s antioxidant qualities and ability to inhibit the enzyme that promotes the growth of cancer cells are promising.
Aside form making hearty soups and viand with stalks of these, it has a whole lot of uses.
The health benefit however are the ones listed below.Health Benefits of Lemon Grass:
- It contains an antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- It helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract.
- Helps boost the immune system
- Helps reduce uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats
- It helps alleviates indigestion and gastroenteritis.
- Helps improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples
- It helps tone the muscle and tissues
- Helps in menstrual troubles
- Helps reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation
- Helps reduce cellulite
- Act as sedative for the central nervous system.
- May help prevent colon cancer
- Helps in reducing fevers
- Help in flatulence and colic
- Relieves arthritic pain and rheumatism
1 bunch or half a cup of fresh lemongrass
2 cups of water
juice from 2 lemons
4 TBSP honey
2 oranges, any type, sliced in cubes
1. Boil 2 cups of water with the lemongrass. Once boiled, remove the lemongrass. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix the honey with the lemongrass water and pour over a pitcher half filled with ice cubes.
3. Pour the lemon juice to the pitcher and then the oranges.
4. Enjoy your beverage!