I love my family as much as I love myself and when it comes to our family's health I do not compromise. Sometimes I just can't say no to someone who comes along and offers me something that might help improve my family's health, specially when we talk about diabetes and how to prevent aging.
I've had a lot of exchange of ideas, tried almost everything that promotes good health and sometimes food and natural medicine alternatives, I guess this blog can somehow show you how crazy health conscious I have become throughout the years in the recipes that I shared and the products I have features, though not so much on the food I eat outside home.
Speaking of recipes, I've got knew ideas on how to liven up your dishes some more and make it even more nutritious and make it as an anti-aging, anti-oxidant-full to boot.
Thanks to Organique Acai and Digital Circles for the very informative get-together over a sumptuous spread prepared by Chef Michel Cottabarren of Blackboard. Though this time we savored the delish lunch over at Epicurious of the Cravings Group of Comp. What made the meal a "super" one was not only because it was prepared by a famous French Chef but every dish of the four-course meal was infused with Organique Acai Premium Blend.
I bet you were surprised to read that, as I was when I read about the invitation.
I've known Organique Acai for a couple of years already (it was launched in 2009), though I didn't see myself giving it to my family as a nutritional supplement. Probably I didn't really see the potential in it as a drink or something else, or probably I have been taking juicing more seriously and trying out other superfoods. After the event I've made a decision to include it in my daily regimen and yep, even in the dishes I'd prepare.
Having learned that it is made of natural, wild harvested Acai berries from the jungles of the Amazon
in Brazil, and has gone through extensive research with a manufacturing facility in California known for its stringent regulation on food safety and quality processes, you wouldn't think of it less.
Organique Inc. Vice-President for Marketing Ms Cathy Sambalingon was even so proud to announce that Organique is certified by the United States Department of Agriculture as “USDA Organic”. And according to her, they went through sticks and stones to have that international standard.
As much as I would want to go over all the 39 health benefits of Organique, I'm going to eulogize instead of the delectable dishes which was designed by "The" Chef Sau del Rosario. Though he wasn't in the event I felt his very presence through the food that was made for us.
Let me mention that you can not really cook with Organique Acai as it may kill it's nutrients, thus Organique is only a recipe component in the form of dressing, sauces and as an added flavor to juices. Chef Michel was so inspiring to watch as he demonstrated how each dish was prepared.
The four-course meal from #OrganiqueRecipes are as follows:
- Pan-Seared Salmon-Terrine with Organique Acai Juice Gelee
- Roasted Organic Chicken Salad w/ Organique Acai Juice Vinaigrette
- Beef Tenderloin on Organique Acai Juice Ragout
- Poached Apple w/ Organique Acai Berry Juice
To make your meals #BerrySmart, I'm sharing with you the recipes of the aforementioned dishes as well.
Pan Seared Salmon "Terrine" with Acai Berry Juice Gelee
60 g Fresh Salmon - 60 g
Salt and pepper
2 TBSP Olive Oil
100 g French Beans
10 g Microsprouts
1 pc Fresh Basil
1 sachet Unflavored Gelatine
1/2 cup Acai Berry Juice
1/2 cup Hot Water
Acai Berry Gelee
1. Dissolve gelatine with hot water and acai berry. Mix well.
2. Pour acai gelatine mixture into a 1/2 inch thick plate or pan.
3. Chill until gelee is set.
1. Season Salmon with Salt and Pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Sear both sides of the Salmon. Set Aside.
3. Cut Salmon into square removing the edges.
4. In a small stock pot, boil 2 cups of water. Remove both ends of the
french beans and cut into 3inches. Blanch cook the vegetables for 20
1. Assmble French Beans, Place Salmon on top of the french Beans.
2. Cut the Gelee into square depending on the size of the Salmon. Place
it on top of Salmon.
3. Put microsprouts and fresh basil on top of the gelee.
4. Garnish with Blue Pea
Roasted Organic Chicken Salad w/ Organique Acai Juice Vinaigrette
For this all you need is to assemble the following in a plate:
3/4 cup shredded roasted chicken
3 TBSP chopped onions
To make the Acai Juice Vinaigrette, you need to mix olive oil, citrus juice (from lemon or orange) and Acai berry in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and cayenne.
Save a few teaspoon for drizzling. With the dressing in the bowl, put the chicken strips and onions. Mix and arrange in the plate. Top with arugula, cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette.
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
10 g Garlic (minced)
1/4 Tomato Ragout Sauce
1 Tbsp Pesto
2 Tbsp Acai Berry Juice
100 g Spaghetti
4 cups Water
70 g Beef Tenderloin (Cubed)
Salt and pepper
Garnish: 1 pc. Fresh Basil
1. Season Beef Tenderloin with Salt and Pepper.
2. Pre-Heat Oven 375 deg c. Bake Beef Tenderloin for 9-10 minutes.
3. Set Aside.
1. In a stock pot, heat olive oil, saute garlic, add sauce, pesto and acai
2. Season with Salt and Pepper
1. Boil water in a large pot, add 1 tsp of olive oil and salt. Add Pasta.
2. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until Al Dente.
3. Drain the Pasta
Poached Apple with Acai Berry Juice & Red Wine Vanilla Ice Cream
1 pc Red Apple (peeled)
1 cup Red Wine
1 pc Star Anise
1 pc Cinnamon Sticks
1 cup Acai Berry Juice
1/2 cup Water
1 pc Orange
1/4 cup White Sugar
1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
1 pc Mint Leaves
1. Peel off the skin of the apple.
2. In a stock pot with medium heat, mix red wine, star anise, cinnamon
sticks, acai berry juice, water, orange and white sugar.
3. Place apple in the stock pot - make sure that is is completely submerged
into the liquid mixture.
4. Cover pot for 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Cut the apple into half - remove seeds.
6. Set Aside until Apple and Liquid is warm.
7. Assemble the apple in a bowl, pour in the liquid acai berry wine mixture.
8. Place Ice cream on top of the apple. Garnish with Mint Leaves.
Last but not the least, an added treat was served to us, a cold glass of Banana Strawberry Smoothie spiked with Acai Berry.
How was that for a beautiful, healthy meat fit for a king or queen?
Do you see yourself preparing these dishes with Acai Berry juice? Not only you're serving the daily doze of immune-boosting, cancer-fighting, beautifying, age defying and an over-all health aid to your family, you're also challenging yourself make better meals.
If you have other things in mind that could work well with Organique Acai, do share them up with a comment below, or if you have been using Organique, maybe you can share how the experience went.
I would love to hear from you...