Last July, some media friends were invited by Samsung for a cooking workshop at The Gala Stars Culinary. Chef Ernest Reynoso Gala II was so gracious enough to teach us two recipes, easy-peasy and the best dishes to prepare and enjoy with the whole family for the rainy season, as Chef Ernest would say "very masarap."
The Gala Stars Culinary is such a great place to learn the basics of cooking. I've heard that they give out short courses with packages priced most affordable that other culinary schools. What I love most of the place is the upgraded kitchen facility they have.
I was so excited when a blogger friend asked me of joining her in the workshop, when she said it was going to be hosted by Gala Stars, because I learned how to bake through this school, some many moons ago. In fact, I was in awe of the transformation the school had. When I enrolled with Chef Sylvia Reynoso Gala to learn the basics of baking and had done my first successful cookies and brownies using their recipes, the school was just a small house then with the teaching facility only on the ground floor.
On the event, I partnered with Ning Buning and each partner bloggers were given one cooking station each. Each cooking station have a four-burner stove, complete with pans, cooking utensils and the ingredients we will be using for the hands-on cooking demo. Also, have I mentioned each station also have a sink with running water faucets.
These are the ingredients we used, properly organized and sealed. Apparently, these ingredients are everyday staple, sometimes left stored in the cupboard or in the fridge. We made Carbonara and Chicken Pie.
The two dishes were prepped using only the Samsung 1.7 cu. ft. Over the Range Convection Microwave.
Here is how you can make this creamy Carbonara at home:
1. 250 g fettuccine or spaghetti. Cook according to package directions. Drain. Serve with sauce.
2. Sauce: 1/4 cup each of Mayonnaise and Cheese Pimiento, 1 can Campbell's cream of
3. Topping: 1/2 cup each Quickmelt cheese and chopped bacon.
4. Procedure: Combine and mix well Mayonnaise, cheese pimiento and chicken soup in a mi
microwavable bowl. cover with cling. Put in Samsung smart oven set to Microwave mode at 600w
for two minutes. Remove Cling and mix well. Return Cling and put back sauce in Smart oven.
Set to Microwave mode at 600 W for 30 sec. to one minute.
5. Remove and mix with cook Pasta. Toss. Top with Quickmelt cheese and bacon
Using the smart oven was easy too...Below this post are the features of this Samsung kitchen innovation.
Inside was wide enough to put enough bowls. With the slightly clear door glass, you can see how your food is being cooked inside the oven.
Second dish was Chicken Pie.
1. Topping: Prepare 500 gms cooked instant mash potato ( follow package directions Using Samsung Smart oven Microwave mode). Add 1. tsp. salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. Filling: Mix together in a bowl 2 cupd cooked chicken breast, 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms, 2 tbsp chopped basil. 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
3. Procedure: Put filling in 4 ramekins. Top with Mash Potato. Add 1 cup quickmelt
cheese on top of each potato. Put chicken pies in Samsung Samart oven set in Microwave + Convection mode and time 4 minutes. Press grill mode and time 1 minute. Remove and yop with fresh basil.
4. Note: To cook chicken put 500 grams pounded chicken breast in oven proof dish. Top with 1/2 cup oil or melted salted butter. Set Samsung smart Oven on Microwave + Grill function and time 4 min. Invert chicken and cook oter half another 4 minutes. Cool then chop.
Model # MC17F808KDT
Internet # 204487727
Store SO SKU # 1000019825
The Samsung 1.7 cu. ft. Over the Range Convection Microwave is everything you need in one powerful appliance: convection oven for even cooking, toaster oven, broiler, fryer, microwave oven and range hood. With breakthrough Slim Fry technology, you can prepare great-tasting and healthier foods without the use of oil. Hot air is circulated in such a way that your favorite foods, like French fries and chicken nuggets, are cooked to crispy perfection in minutes.
- Convection Cooking circulates air for even cooking
- Slim Fry™ Technology Prepares food without the use of oil
- Ceramic Enamel Interior is scratch resistant and easy to clean
- 1.7 cu. ft. capacity accommodates a wide variety of dishes
- Strong cooking power: 950-Watt for microwave, 1,750-Watt for convection, and 900-Watt for grilling
- With breakthrough Slim Fry technology, you can prepare great-tasting and healthier foods without the use of oil. Hot air is circulated in such a way that your favorite foods, like French fries and chicken nuggets, are cooked to crispy perfection in minutes
- 300 CFM venting system helps keep you kitchen smelling fresh by removing smoke, steam and odors emitted from your cooktop
- Glass touch controls with graphic display make this microwave easy to use. Scroll knob also allows you to quickly navigate through menu options
- Melt-and-Soften feature uses a low-wattage setting to melt or soften your butter, cream cheese or chocolate without boiling or scorching
- Convection oven allows you to enjoy the flexibility to microwave, bake, broil and roast all from one appliance
- Ceramic enamel interior allows grease and oil to be easily wiped off the interior walls of the oven with a damp cloth, as well as being highly scratch resistant. Steam Clean feature also allows for an easier, more natural way to clean your microwave
- Glass turntable on/off is ideal of even cooking results or for accommodating oversized dishes that may not fully rotate
- LED cooktop light gently brightens every corner. It emits less heat and is more energy efficient than traditional lighting, and the interior halogen light illuminates the interior of the microwave when the door is open for easy viewing
- 3 variable fan-speed settings let you choose the right amount of ventilation
- Simple Clean Filter is conveniently located in the front of your microwave for easy access and helps you remember to clean your microwave filter
- Eco Mode button conserves power by turning off display when not in use. With this feature the power consumption drops to below 0.1-Watt