Our family adventure at the beautiful city of Puerto Princesa was nothing short of amazing, and it wouldn't be possible without a good three-day abode.
Our stay there was short but entirely sweet and I'm dreaming to be back with my family. My husband kept on muttering how we should have stayed longer and coming home with more pocketful of memories to share to our friends.
If you haven't read my posts on our Palawan family trip, do check these following links out:
For a quick DIY itinerary check, click on this:
For our first day adventure/PP city tour, click here:
For our Honda Bay Adventure:
For the FOOD TOUR:
As much as possible we never get accommodations from hotels, we could opt to but we didn't. We tried to limit our budget to a cost that we can say affordable to many, even those who might want to travel using the itinerary I posted but on a shoe-string budget, can totally enjoy the trip. As you can see, we are a family of six with two kids, and two of our children spend more than us parents (more so in dining).
If however you want to have a luxe hotel stay, I would suggest you go to Aziza Paradize Hotel.
So, aside from the cost of the lodging, there are things I need to consider when choosing a place to crash with my family. This goes the same for some of the other family adventures.
Here is a semi-cohesive list for that:
1. The room should have to be spacious enough for all 6 of us.
2. It may not be as elegant or posh as the hotels, but it may be considered. However, over-all cleanliness and the smell of clean sheets and pillows is part of it.
3. A good running (and not old) AC (air-conditioning) is definitely a must.
4. Beds, including mattresses should be comfortable, sleep is needed when you will be spending the whole day with lots of swimming and walking.
5. I'm not OC when it comes to our things, but a rack or a specific place to put our luggage or in this case our backpacks, can be very helpful.
6. My husband can't stand a room without a TV. Also, it makes my kids more at-home or gets them easily doze off.
7. We love having free WIFI on our room and other places in the area.
8. A night stand and bedside table is not a priority but a plus.
9. Very clean bathroom.
10. Personal hygiene kit provided by the hotel is also a plus.
11. Lavatory that's clean and with a bidet sprayer.
12. Hot water provider on the shower.
So far, all my specific qualifications have been met by Deep Forest.
Oh how can I forget!
My kids also have theirs. There should be a swimming pool and grounds for playing.
The pathway from our unit, going to the lobby, restaurant and mini mart.
The life-sized chess game
|Photo credits from Deep Forest|
Here is an aerial view of the grounds of Deep Forest where the pool is situated. Our unit is at the left end side. There is a bar at the pool, a Jacuzzi and a mini pool with life-sized chess game.
Our over-all experience at Deep Forest deserved a good impression. We're glad we decided to purchase this at Agoda.com. They also have an in house tour agency to help you, they are the ones who provided us with our Underground River Tour which included lunch at Sabang port.
Another reason why hubby chose this hotel was that it was 10 minutes drive from the airport, and is also near to the foodie capital of Palawan.
If, however, you are not lucky enough to book with them, there are a lot more accommodations on the same street where they are located.
DEEP FOREST GARDEN INN
Address: Abueg Road, Bancao Bancao, Jacana, Puerto Princesa, 5300